The Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit (MSSU) is a virtual organization with staff hosted at five locations in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. We are governed by a number of committees which address various functions and operations.
- The Executive Committee ensures the effective management and operations of the MSSU.
- The Scientific Leadership Committee develops and implements the scientific strategic direction of the MSSU.
- The Provincial Steering Committees, one per Maritime province, provide stewardship to enhance patient-oriented research and evidence-informed outcomes in their province.
- The Capacity Development Advisory Committee
- The MSSU Patient Partner Council
The MSSU has also benefited from the work of a number of Past Advisory Committees.
Patient Partners contribute their expertise and lived experience to the governing and strategic operations of the MSSU including as serving as members of our governing committees and representatives from the Maritime patient community on strategic initiatives.