Our bi-annual NS Bridge Events bring together health policy decision-makers, health care professionals, the research community, and patients and caregivers to spend a half-day in facilitated group discussions about priority health topics. Each interdisciplinary group focuses on a particular topic with which they have some experience.
Prior to each Bridge Event, our team works closely with colleagues at the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness, the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA), and the IWK Health Centre to identify priority health topics for discussion.
Since our inaugural Bridge Event in June 2018, this meeting has become an important opportunity to collaborate with health system partners to align patient-oriented research with provincial health priorities. Working together in this way, we are changing healthcare by:
- Mobilizing the knowledge that we have in Nova Scotia and bringing together different perspectives
- Building connections that draw on collective experience and create mutual understanding
- Identifying important knowledge gaps and generating ideas to address these gaps through patient-oriented research
Learn more about our most recent Bridge Event held on June 25, 2019.
From the NS Bridge Event to a Priority Project
Bridge Event groups often identify research questions for further exploration. We support the development of research projects around priority topics by facilitating research activities.
We work with research teams who want to start a NS Priority Project to develop their application for in-kind support including help with team communication, study design, knowledge translation, data access, and communication.
Apply for NS Priority Project Support
- Before submitting your application, please read the MSSU NS Priority Project Application Guidelines. This document contains important information about eligibility, the application and review process, and acknowledgement of support.
- Download an application form and contact us for help preparing your application.
- Send your completed application form and CVs (5-page maximum) for Scientific and Decision-Maker leads in a single PDF file to email@example.com. We will email the Scientific and Decision-Maker leads for your project to confirm receipt of your application.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.