Access to high-quality data resources is crucial to provide evidenced-based approaches to our current healthcare challenges. Through three Data Platforms, the Maritime provinces provide access to administrative data in secure environments that balance the need for data access with privacy considerations.
The MSSU works in partnership with these provincial Data Platforms to:
- Create and strengthen data-sharing partnerships to support patient-oriented research
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for hosting health data including linking existing data and adding new data sources
- Support timely and secure access to data in order to maximize the utility of data resources
We also provide consultations to help researchers in the Maritimes who are working with or interested in working with administrative health data.
For more information on data holdings and access, visit the Provincial Data Platforms:
- New Brunswick Institute for Research, Data and Training (NB-IRDT)
- Health Data Nova Scotia
- Secure Island Data Repository – Coming soon!