Researchers at academic institutions in the Maritimes who have a demonstrated interest in patient-oriented evidence implementation research are welcome to apply to join the MSSU as an Affiliate Scientist. Membership is renewed on an annual basis subject to good standing. Expectations include taking an active role in at least one MSSU activity per year, if asked (for example, committee involvement, peer review, or training), and making meaningful contributions to MSSU activities.
Researchers in the Maritimes who have a demonstrated interest in patient-oriented evidence implementation research are welcome to apply to join the MSSU as an Affiliate Scientist. Membership is renewed on an annual basis subject to good standing.
Eligibility and acceptance for membership as an Affiliate Scientist is the decision of the MSSU Membership Committee. Potential members are assessed for eligibility based upon expectations appropriate to their position. MSSU has the right to revoke membership if it is deemed that a member is not actively contributing to the goals of the MSSU or is not in good standing. To be in good standing, members must have provided their updated information to the MSSU for the current academic year. Members must exhibit professional behaviour and ethical standards in the workplace.
Affiliate Scientist Criteria:
- Hold an academic appointment at a university/ affiliated research institution, or an appointment with research responsibilities at an affiliated hospital/ research centre/ institute in the Maritimes
- Engaged in patient-oriented, evidence implementation research
- Committed to the research goals of MSSU
- Eligible to independently hold grants and supervise trainees
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Willing to make meaningful contributions to MSSU activities
- Willing to take an active role in at least one MSSU activity per year, if asked. For example, committee involvement, peer review, or training
- Must provide a research profile (updated yearly) for website and be included in the MSSU database of experts
- Must acknowledge MSSU support or trainee funding, as applicable
- Must agree to be listed on the MSSU distribution list and to receive email notices
- Eligible to apply as scientific lead for MSSU Priority Project Support
- Eligible to apply for trainee funding and trainee support program
- Eligible to apply for fee reduction for data access
- Opportunities for networking with decision-makers and other Maritime researchers
- May list affiliation on Curriculum Vitae for academic acknowledgement of contributions/affiliation
Note: Your affiliation with the Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit does not provide an affiliation with the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) or with the IWK Health Centre. If you are interested in an affiliation with NSHA please click here. If you are interested in an affiliation with the IWK please contact Nadine Loppie, Credentialing Officer, IWK Health Centre Nadine.Loppie@iwk.nshealth.ca.