As a research support unit, we are committed to working collaboratively to increase local capacity for patient-oriented research that addresses Maritime health priorities and to help decision-makers move evidence into practice. To do this, we:
- Provide customized research support through consultations for projects at all phases of development.
- Support and conduct priority research projects that help to inform policy decision-making. In Nova Scotia, priority research projects are typically identified through the MSSU Nova Scotia Bridge Event, held twice each year.
- Support the establishment and development of data platforms and services to provide secure and timely access to administrative health data.
- Encourage capacity development through the MSSU Student Awards and various training and events.
- Offer an Associate and Affiliate Scientist program that engages and connects researchers in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.