During the 2016-2017 academic year, the MSSU hosted Seminar Series promoting innovation in patient-oriented research. These seminars provided researchers, clinicians, policy makers and health care decision makers across the Maritimes the opportunity to share innovative and emerging methods in patient-oriented research.
Open to the public, as well as members of the health research community, the seminars proved to be popular sessions, highlighting examples of patient-oriented research being conducted throughout the Maritimes. Speakers represented all three Maritime provinces and presentations were available in-person as well as via live broadcast for offsite and out-of-province attendees.
Past seminars are available on the MSSU website under the Training and Events Archive. Presenters and topics included:
- Julie Easley (Fredericton, NB) – From Patient to Researcher: Patient-Oriented Research From Both Sides
- Jennifer Russell, (Halifax, NS) - Partnerships in Preventable: An Injury Prevention Social Marketing Campaign
- Dr. Rick Audas (Dunedin, NZ): ACCESS Open Minds - Researching Mental Health
- Dr. William Montelpare (Charlettown, PEI): CIHR's Strategy for Patient Oriented Research Initiative: The Primary and Integrated Healthcare Innovation Network (CIHR-SPOR: PIHCI Network)
- Dr. Janet Curran and Ms. Rebecca Mackay (Halifax, NS): Partnering with parents to design discharge communication interventions for pediatric emergency care
To learn more about upcoming training and events, visit the MSSU Training and Events Calendar.