Save the Date
November 14, 2019, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cape Breton University, Multi-Purpose Room
The NS IHRIS Stakeholder Forum (Eastern Zone) will be held immedaitely after the MSSU NS Bridge Event.
These events are co-hosted by Cape Breton University, St. Francis Xavier University and the Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit.
About the MSSU NS Bridge Event
The MSSU Nova Scotia Bridge Event is a bi-annual gathering that brings together health care decision-makers and providers, researchers, patients and the public, who work in teams to develop high-quality research in priority health services and systems areas. The aim of the group discussions is to narrow the focus, identify a key research question(s), and to create an action plan that will support the creation and implementation of a solution for the priority issues.
This unique event will provide a unique opportunity to engage with researchers and policy-makers in the NSHA Eastern Zone, and will be followed immediately by the Nova Scotia Integrated Health Research and Innovation Strategy (IHRIS) Stakeholder Forum (Eastern Zone).
Topics were selected from the priority areas identified by the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness, the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) and the IWK Health Centre.
- How do we improve rural healthcare delivery in Cape Breton?
- What steps can be taken to ensure inclusion of Mi’kmaq voice and to create culturally safe environments and practices within various levels of our health care system?
- How does poverty affect/impede delivery of hospital, and community-based programs?
- What are the needs (social and support resources) for older adults receiving home care, and for individuals supporting home care residents?
- How does Nova Scotia best harness the assets of its extensive post-secondary educational system to improve regional health outcomes?
If you have experience in on the above priority topics, consider joining us at the next Bridge Event. You can register online to attend the MSSU NS Bridge Events and the NS IHRIS Stakeholder Forums.
If you have any questions, please email IHRIS-Bridge@nshealth.ca