There are three Provincial Steering Committees (PSCs), one for each Maritime province. The Provincial Steering Committees provide stewardship to the MSSU that is focused on enhancing patient-oriented research and evidence-informed outcomes in their respective province.
The roles and activities of the each Provincial Steering Committee vary slightly, however they all share a similar mandate. The Provincial Steering Committees identify priority areas for patient-centered outcomes research. These committees also serve as central bodies for reviewing and reporting research projects, and assist provincial governments, health authorities, and other stakeholders in contextualizing study findings and implementing health policy and health service changes.
The Nova Scotia Provincial Steering Committee also provides executive oversight of Health Data Nova Scotia.
New Brunswick Provincial Steering Committee
- Dr. Mathieu Bélanger – MSSU Science Lead (Moncton); Directeur de la recherche, Centre de formation médicale du Nouveau-Brunswick; Professeur agrégé, Département de médecine de famille, Université de Sherbrooke; Épidémiologiste, Réseau de santé Vitalité
- Tracey Burkhardt – Executive Director, Planning, Performance and Alignment (Branch), Health, Government of New Brunswick
- Leah Carr – Director, Programs and Human Development, New Brunswick Health Research Foundation
- Mara Mallory – MSSU Patient Partner
- Dr. Ted McDonald – MSSU Principal Investigator (NB); Director, NB Institute for Research, Data and Training
- Dr. Anthony Reiman – MSSU Science Lead (Saint John); Canadian Cancer Society Research Chair, University of New Brunswick
Nova Scotia Provincial Steering Committee
Chair: Dr. Gail Tomblin Murphy – VP Research and Innovation, Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Dr. David Anderson – MSSU Nominated Principal Investigator; Dean of Medicine, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Tanya Brann-Barrett – Associate VP, Academic & Research, Cape Breton University
- Dr. Anne Sophie Champod – Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, Acadia University
- Michael Davies – Executive Director, Advanced Analytics, NS Department of Health and Wellness
- Dave Denman – Manager, Research, Restricted and Continuing Care Program Funds, Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Linda Dodds – Interim VP, Research, Innovation & Knowledge Translation, IWK Health Centre
- Christine Grimm – Senior Executive Director, Digital Health, Analytics and Privacy, NS Department of Health and Wellness
- Marina Hamilton – MSSU Director
- Dr. Jill Hayden – MSSU Nova Scotia Science Lead; Associate Professor, Department of Community Health & Epidemiology, Dalhousie University; Affiliate Scientist, Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Dr. Richard Isnor – Associate VP, Research & Graduate Studies, St. Francis Xavier University
- Marli MacNeil – Interim Chief Executive Officer, Research Nova Scotia
- Dr. Sam Stewart – Assistant Professor, Medical Informatics and Director, Health Data Nova Scotia (HDNS), Department of Community Health & Epidemiology, Dalhousie University
- Linda Verlinden – MSSU Patient Partner; Client Relations Coordinator & Navigator, Northwood Care Inc.
Prince Edward Island Provincial Steering Committee
The Prince Edward Island Provincial Steering Committee mandate and membership are currently being reviewed. We will update this page when more information is available.