The Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit (MSSU) is a virtual organization with staff hosted at five locations in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. We are governed by several committees which address various functions and operations.
- The Executive Committee ensures the effective management and operations of the MSSU.
- The Scientific Leadership Committee develops and implements the scientific strategic direction of the MSSU.
- The Provincial Steering Committees, one per Maritime province, provide stewardship to enhance patient-oriented research and evidence-informed outcomes in their province.
- The Capacity Development Advisory Committee advises on MSSU-led patient-oriented research training and educational offerings.
- The MSSU Patient Partner Council provides recommendations and feedback to the Scientific Leadership Committee (SLC) and other MSSU committees and working groups.
The MSSU has also benefited from the work of a number of Past Advisory Committees.
All MSSU governance committees include Patient Partners, who contribute their expertise and lived experience to the governing and strategic operations of the MSSU. Learn more about becoming a Patient Partner.
In SPOR Phase 2, the MSSU has also established strategic partnerships to support our governance activities. The MSSU will work with the Wabanaki-Labrador Indigenous Health Research Network (WLN) to support activities identified by their Indigenous Governing Circle/Council (IGC). In Prince Edward Island, the PEI Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) Coordinating Committee will bring together local stakeholders from across the SPOR community.